…Individual and group programs to educate and support people experiencing grief following the loss of someone through death.
Center for Hospice Care offers a variety of bereavement programs to educate and support people experiencing grief following the loss of someone through death. Bereavement programs are available at no charge to anyone in the agency's service area. For more information, please call the office nearest to you, review our calendar or this PDF for the dates, times and locations of the support groups.
Grief Support Brochure
We offer individual and family counseling for all ages as well as the following services:
Children’s and Teen’s Services
- Children’s Grief Support Group: A time-limited group providing education and emotional support to children dealing with the death of a loved one.
- Teens’ Grief Support Groups are held at area schools.
- Camp Evergreen: An annual weekend camp for teens ages 13 – 17 and an annual day camp for youth ages 6 – 12.
Camp Evergreen Brochure
Grief Support for Adults
- Book Group: Books will be read amd discussed. Previous completion of a Living with Loss Group is recommended.
- Crafting Memories: A monthly group that supports healthy memory work through crafts.
- Forget Me Not: A monthly support group for parents who have experienced the death of a baby during pregnancy, childbirth, or infancy.
- Rebuilding Our Lives: A monthly support group for those that have accepted their loss and are focused on building a new life.
- Young Widows and Widowers Support Group: A bimonthly education and support group for widows/widowers 55 years of age and under who have recently lost a spouse. For those with minor children, child care is available with pre-registration.
- Living with Loss Group: A time-limited group providing education and emotional support.
- Monthly Resilience Group: A monthly support group for individuals who have compelted a Living with Loss Group.
- Good Grief Guys: A monthly breakfast for men dealing with the death of a spouse.
- Good Grief Gals: A monthly tea for women dealing with the death of their spouse.
- Memorial Services: Services of remembrance for all in our bereavement programs are held in December.
Specialty Grief Groups
Special Event Calendar: A calendar published quarterly that lists any special events we are offering.
After Images Art Counseling Program
- Provides a unique opportunity for individuals to explore grief issues through a creative, expressive counseling experience.
For more information contact us at:
|Center for Hospice Care
111 Sunnybrook Court
South Bend, IN 46637
112 South Center Street, Suite C
Plymouth, IN 46563
|22579 Old US 20E
Elkhart, IN 46516
Life Transition Center
501 Comfort Place
Mishawaka, IN 46545
For information or admission call
800-467-7423 24 hours/day
outside of our service area