Connect with Family and Friends
Families these days can be scattered all over the world, especially here in Florida where so many retirees come to bask in the sun while daughters, sons, grandchildren and lifelong friends remain in northern climates. Yet hospice care is often a time when loved ones seek to reconnect, to support each other, to share with one another and to treasure life together.
Setting up a Hospice Journey website takes about three minutes and does not require any special computer skills. Click here to view a sample site.
Your free Hospice Journey site will allow you, your family and friends to:
- Create a Guest Book where your friends and family will leave messages, send greetings, love and support.
- Use Updates to keep your family and friends informed of what's happening. You can post new updates as often as you would like – every few days or even multiple times a day, at any hour.
- Make a Photo Album where you and your friends and family can upload favorite photos of your loved one. View these photos as thumbnails on the photos screen or enjoy them full-screen in a slideshow.
- Record Reflections on your loved one's life, a wonderful way to spend time together. The Reflections section includes questions that will guide you in asking about your loved one's life story, what he or she thinks about life's biggest questions, and what his or her favorite things are. Your friends and family will enjoy learning more about your loved one, and you may be touched by the honesty and wisdom that can come through.
- Let everyone know how they can Lend a Hand. Facing a life-limiting illness can be an enormous challenge for both the person with the illness and for those caring for him or her. Your friends and family want to support you.